- The “Spice Money Limited – Customer Protection, Customer Liability, and Grievance Redressal Policy” policy stipulates the guiding principle, standard operating procedure, and framework for
(i) customer protection;
(ii) limiting customer liability regarding unauthorized electronic payment transactions
(iii) for registering, processing, and closing a customer grievance.
This policy will apply to customers of PPI, BBPS, and other products/services. It will also act as a guiding tool to the customers availing service of BBPS and other products/ services facilitated by Spice Money Limited.
- For the purpose of this Policy, the term ‘Customer’ shall mean the PPI holder, customer availing service of BBPS, and customers availing other products/ services facilitated by Spice Money Limited.
1. Customer Protection
- 1.1 Spice Money Limited (Formerly Spice Money Limited) (“the Company”) shall be fully transparent in the pricing, terms and conditions of all financial products. The organization shall disclose all important terms and conditions in clear and simple language (in English and Hindi) comprehensible to the Customers. These disclosures include:Spice Money Limited (Formerly Spice Money Limited) (“the Company”) shall be fully transparent in the pricing, terms, and conditions of all financial products. The organization shall disclose all important terms and conditions in clear and simple language (in English and Hindi) comprehensible to the Customers. These disclosures include-
All charges and fees associated with the use of the PPI instrument, availing of BBPS services, and other products/ services facilitated by the Company.
The expiry period of the PPI instrument and the terms and conditions pertaining to expiration of the PPI instrument, availing of BBPS services, and other products/ services facilitated by the Company
The customer service telephone numbers and website URL.
- 1.2 Additionally, the Company, in order to promote Customer protection shall ensure the following:
- (a) Ensure uniformity in charges at the agent level
- (b) Disclosure of charges for various types of transactions on its website, mobile app, agent locations, etc.
- (c) Specific agreements with agents prohibiting them from charging any fee to the Customers directly for services rendered by them on behalf of the Company.
- (d) Require each retail outlet / sub-agent to post signage indicating their status as service providers for the Company and the fees for all services available at the outlet.
- (e) The amount collected from the Customer shall be acknowledged by issuing a receipt (printed or electronic) on behalf of the Company
- 1.3 The Company employs respectful customer interaction practices and adopts high ethical standards in the treatment of Customers. The Company gives Customers a way to address their complaints so they can be served more effectively.
- 1.4 The Company shall provide the details of their authorized/designated agents (name, agent ID, address, contact details, etc.) through the customer care support team. Moreover, a list of agents shall also be available at https://www.spicemoney.com/. All the information regarding the customer care support team (timing, contact detail, etc) shall be available on the website / mobile app.
The customer support team shall be available on all days except government holidays.
- 1.5 The Company shall create sufficient awareness and educate Customers on the secure use of the PPIs, including the need for keeping passwords confidential and not sharing confidential information with anyone.
- 1.6 The Company will provide an option for the PPI holders to generate/receive account statements for at least the past 6 months. The account statement shall, at the minimum, provide details such as the date of transaction, debit/credit amount, net balance, and description of the transaction.
Additionally, the Company shall provide transaction history for at least 10 transactions.
- 1.7 The Company will display Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on its website / mobile app related to the PPI.
2. Customer Liability in respect of unauthorized electronic payment transactions through a PPI-
- 2.1 Customer liability arising out of an unauthorized electronic payment transaction will be limited to
||Maximum liability of Customer (PPI holder) (₹)
|In case of contributory fraud/negligence/ deficiency on the part of the Company (irrespective of whether or not the transaction is reported by the PPI holder).
Third-party breach where the deficiency lies neither with the Company nor with the customer but lies elsewhere in the system, and the customer notifies the Company regarding the unauthorized payment transaction. The per transaction customer liability in such cases will depend on the number of days lapsed between the receipt of transaction communication by the customer from the Company and the reporting of the unauthorized transaction by the customer to the Company -
|i. Within three days*
|ii. Within four to seven days*
||Transaction value or Rs. 10,000 per transaction, whichever is lower.
|iii. Beyond seven days*
|In cases where the loss is due to negligence by a PPI Holder, such as where he has shared the payment/login credentials, the Customer will bear the entire loss until he/she reports the unauthorized transaction to the Company. Note: Any loss occurring after the reporting of the unauthorized transaction shall be borne by the Company.
||Actual Transaction value
*The number of days mentioned above shall be counted excluding the date of receiving the communication from the Company.
2.2 Reversal timeline for zero liability/ limited liability of a customer:
- a) On being notified by the Customer, the Company shall credit (notional reversal) the amount involved in the unauthorized electronic payment transaction to the Customer’s PPI within 10 days from the date of such notification by the Customer (without waiting for settlement of insurance claim, if any), even if such reversal breaches the maximum permissible limit applicable to the PPI. The credit shall be value-dated to be as of the date of the unauthorized transaction.
- b) The Company shall ensure that a complaint is resolved, and liability of the Customer, if any, established within 90 days from the date of receipt of the complaint, and the customer is compensated as per provisions herein above. In case the Company is unable to resolve the complaint or determine the customer's liability, if any, within 90 days, the amount as prescribed herein above shall be paid to the customer, irrespective of whether the negligence is on the part of the Customer or otherwise.
2.3 The Company shall ensure that its customers mandatorily register for SMS alerts and wherever available also register for e-mail alerts, for electronic payment transactions.
2.4 The SMS alert for any payment transaction in the account/ PPI shall mandatorily be sent to the customers and an e-mail alert may additionally be sent, wherever registered. The transaction alert shall have a contact number and/or e-mail id on which a customer can report unauthorized transactions or notify the objection.
2.5 Customers shall be advised to notify the Company of any unauthorized electronic payment transaction at the earliest and, shall also be informed that the longer the time taken to notify the Company, the higher will be the risk of loss to the Company/customer.
To facilitate this, the Company shall provide customers with 24x7 access via the website https://www.spicemoney.com / SMS/e-mail for reporting unauthorized transactions that have taken place and/or loss or theft of the PPI. Further, a direct link for lodging complaints, with a specific option to report unauthorized electronic payment transactions shall be provided by the Company on the mobile app/home page of their website https://www.spicemoney.com. The loss/fraud reporting system so established shall also ensure that immediate response (including auto response) is sent to the customers acknowledging the complaint along with the registered complaint number. The communication systems used by the Company to send alerts and receive their responses thereto shall record the time and date of delivery of the message and receipt of the customer’s responsibility if any. This shall be important in determining the extent of a customer’s liability. On receipt of the report of an unauthorized payment transaction from the customer, the Company shall take immediate action to prevent further unauthorized payment transactions in the PPI. In this respect, the Company shall temporarily block the wallet of the customer till an investigation is to prevent further misuse.
2.6 The Company shall put in place a suitable mechanism and structure for reporting the customer liability cases to its Board of Directors or one of its Committees. The reporting shall, inter-alia, include the volume/number of cases and the aggregate value involved and distribution across various categories of cases. The Board of Directors or one of its Committees shall periodically review the unauthorized electronic payment transactions reported by customers or otherwise, as also the action is taken thereon, the functioning of the grievance redressal mechanism, and take appropriate measures to improve the systems and procedures.
3. Customer Grievance Redressal As a service organization, Customer service and Customer satisfaction are of prime concern to Spice Money Ltd. We believe that providing prompt, user-friendly, and efficient service is the foundation for the best user experience.
This policy document aims at minimizing instances of Customer complaints and grievances through proper service delivery and reviews mechanism and to ensure prompt resolution of Customer complaints and grievances. The review mechanism envisages identifying shortcomings in product features and service delivery.
- 3.1 Underlying Principles: Spice Money Ltd’s policy on grievance redressal is based on the following principles,
- (a) Customers are treated fairly at all times.
- (b) A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction made to an organization relating to its products, services, or the complaint-handling process where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected.
- (c) Complaints raised by Customers are dealt with courtesy and on time.
- (d) Customers are informed of avenues to escalate their complaints/grievances within the organization and their rights to alternative remedies if they are not fully satisfied with the response from Spice Money Ltd. to their complaints.
- (e) All initiatives and strategies developed by Spice Money Ltd. are made with the Customer as the prime focus.
- (f) Prompt and efficient customer service is essential for business growth.
- (g) Constantly devising newer and smarter mechanisms to receive and redress Customer grievances and details of such mechanisms be placed in the domain of public knowledge.
- (h) The company promises to rectify any issue faced by a Customer effectively and promptly.
- 3.2 Ways to reach us
- (a) Website: Visit the “Contact Us” section on our website www.spicemoney.com, fill in the details of your query, and submit the form.
- (b) Email: You can email your queries, concerns, feedback, and complaints to email@example.com
- (c) Phone (Helpline): You can also contact our customer care number 0120-3645645, 0120-5077786 between 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM, on all days.
- These mechanisms are dedicated to redressing our Customer complaints, providing online resolution wherever possible, and capturing valuable feedback regarding our services.
- On receiving Customer feedback, our executives would reach out to the Customers, if need be, and ensure that all grievances are addressed within the estimated time to address the complaints.
3.3 Timelines for Grievance Resolution
Suitable timelines have been set for every complaint depending upon the investigations which would be involved in resolving the same. Here are the estimated timelines at various levels of queries/escalations
||Turnaround Time (TAT)
|First response to a user’s query/ concern
|Resolution of escalated cases
|Resolution of customer grievances
|Concern raised to Nodal officer
Spice Money will try to address Customer’s feedbacks, queries and complaints to the best effort basis; However, if the Customer wants further recourse, the escalation matrix for the same are outlined below:
- Level 1
- Visit the ‘Contact Us section on our website www.spicemoney.com or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- You can also call our customer care numbers 0120-3645645, 0120-5077786 between 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM, on all days
- Level 2
- Write to our Grievance Officer, Mr. Gagan Kukreja at email@example.com
- Level 3
- Write to our Nodal Officer at below address: